It’s that time of the year again: the ever-optimistic New Year’s Resolution time. While I don’t advocate resolutions, many people believe the New Year is the perfect time to get started, get fit, get back on the horse.
Many of us start out strong with our workout routines, but it doesn’t take long for our day-to-day lives to intrude. Meetings go late so we miss our kick-boxing class. The kids have parent-teacher night and there’s no way we can get to yoga. We catch a cold, we slip on our diet, we lose an eyelash or break a nail…the excuses start to build up and before you know it, *POOF*, our resolutions go up in flames.
If you are making a fitness resolution this year, here are some tips to help you bag those excuses and stick to the plan. You’re strong, you’re determined, YOU CAN DO THIS! Here’s how: Continue reading
My hubby, @thronkus, got tagged in this 6 Things game, and since he doesn’t have his own blog, well, herewith are:
Six Interesting Things About Me> by @Thronkus
- I was a Paramedic on an Ambulance for 7 years.
- I lived with cannibals in the Solomon Islands and New Guinea with my Dad who was an Anthropologist. I also lived in Iran studying Pastoral nomads in the desert. I also got to travel all over the world back in the 1980s.
- I met my wife @lizwebpage online in 1994 before the Internet as we know it (no .com existing).
- My Great Grandfather was the father of modern taxidermy (Carl Akeley) and founded the first National Park in Africa to preserve the Mountain Gorillas. In our house we have a table that Carl Akeley made out of an elephants ear.
- I can ride a unicycle and I fly helicopters (but not simultaneously!)
- I was the Scoutmaster for the Boy Scouts in my town of Lincoln for 4 years.
Tag! You’re IT!
The rules to play are easy …
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on the blog.
- Write six random things about yourself.
- Tag six people at the end of your post.
- Let each person know they have been tagged.
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.